Aloe Vera – Propanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
General information / Trivia:
- The first mentioning of Aloe Vera dates back over 6000 years
- The plant has its origins in Sudan and from there it spread to Egypt
- Nefertiti and Cleopatra both cherished Aloe Vera juice, which was known to give beauty, good health and immortality
- In ancient China and the Roman Empire, the leaves of the plant used for medicinal treatments.
Effects on Skin:
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Aloe Vera inhibits proinflammatory cytokines and is used to treat several inflammatory skin diseases, such as Psoriasis.
- Anti-bacterial: The plant’s gel has anti-bacterial effects
- The plant is also valued for its moisturising properties although studies have shown that this effect is more of a subjective feeling
The Aloe Vera plant contains over 200 ingredients. The most important active ingredients are glycosaminoglycans (acemannan), anthraquinones, salicylic acid (BHA), saponins, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Yet, 99% of the plant is water.
J’TANICALS Deep-Sea Rebalancer contains the active ingredient BioDToxTM that contains Aloe polyphenols, Citrus bioflavonoids and Brassica sulforaphane.
Aloe polyphenols are part of unripe aloe plant’s skins. They have many beneficial effects on the skin: anti-aging effect; help to reverse or neutralize harmful effects of free radicals; strong moisturizer; providing nutrition to skin; boosting the immune system.
For more information on the combined effects of the active ingredient BioDToxTM, see here.
Part of JT products:
Links to studies: