Broccoli – Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract
General information / Trivia:
- Broccoli (Brassica oleracea) is a vegetable with many healthy characteristics
- Originally, Broccoli comes from Asia Minor. In Europe it first became well known in Italy. In the 16th century, the vegetable became famous in France and the UK under the name “Italian asparagus”.
- Broccoli is a well-known super food as it contains many important vitamins and minerals that help to strengthen the body’s immune system
Effects on Skin:
- Skin protection: Skin cells are protected against-, and cleansed from dangerous molecules
- Detoxification: It activates a detoxification enzyme in the skin that eliminates toxic compounds in the skin
- Anti-aging: It is an effective anti-aging molecule.
- Protection against environmental stressors: It enhances the skin cells’ resistance against environmental pollutant
Broccoli contains an ingredient called sulforaphane that is well known for its beneficial skin effects.
J’TANICALS Deep-Sea Rebalancer contains the active ingredient BioDToxTM that contains Aloe polyphenols, Citrus bioflavonoids and Brassica sulforaphane.
Brassica sulforaphane (SFP) is responsible for the beneficial skin effects. It supports the skin detoxification process, strengthens the skin’s health by acting as an antioxidant, supports the skin’s immune system, makes the skin more resistant against environmental pollutants and has great anti-aging effects.
For more information on the combined effects of the active ingredient BioDToxTM, see here.
Part of JT products:
Links to studies: