Citrus – Bioflavonoids
General information / Trivia:
- Citrus plants are known around the worlds and produce fruits such as lemons, grapefruits, and limes
- They originate from tropical regions of Asia and Southeast Asia and spread throughout the world, particularly to the Mediterranean region and to North Africa; today they are cultivated all over the world, primarily in countries with higher temperatures
- Citrus fruits are associated with many health benefits, due to their high concentrations of Vitamin C and other vitamins
Effects on Skin:
- Anti-oxidant: Protect the skin against oxidative and free radical damage; the anti-oxidative effect is even greater than the one of Vitamin C, E or zinc
- Anti-irritations and anti-allergy effects
Citrus fruits contain ingredients called Citrus bioflavonoids. They are also known as Vitamin P.
J’TANICALS Deep-Sea Rebalancer contains the active ingredient BioDToxTM that contains Aloe polyphenols, Citrus bioflavonoids and Brassica sulforaphane.
Among the most well-known bioflavonoids in citrus fruits are hesperidin, quercitin and rutin.
Hesperidin is associated with antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties
Quercitin is best known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It thereby supports the skin against aging.
Rutin is also known for its antioxidant properties.
For more information on the combined effects of the active ingredient BioDToxTM, see here.
Part of JT products:
Links to studies: